The Systems Engineer will support large Space & Defense program working in conjunction with the Project Engineer and lead functional engineers in execution of the program. The Systems Engineer is the technical lead of the engineering team and is the Program Manager’s technical liaison. The Systems Engineer is responsible for decomposition of requirements, generation and allocation of specifications, control documents, plans and reports in support of the development. The Systems Engineer supports programs from the early phases of program capture through integration and test/operations. The Systems Engineer should have intimate knowledge of the product technology and a good working knowledge of the associated engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or related field
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience in technical field
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, energetic, professional, reliable, and a team player
- Experience with model-based system engineering
- Strong propensity for System-level thinking. An ability to understand wide-reaching impacts of decisions across the system.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, capable of daily direct customer interaction at all levels within a client’s organization for implementing technical solutions
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to provide clear, coherent, and concise information quickly and confidently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prioritize activities and effectively support multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to travel to support various events
- U.S. Citizenship required
Location: on-site with contract customer.
Onyx Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.