Systems Engineer – Cape Canaveral, FL
Onyx Aerospace is in search of a Systems Engineer to work on site at customer location.
Position Description / Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Developing requirements documents, proposals, and providing project support.
- Developing the functional analysis, system/facility descriptions, test acceptance criteria, requirements documents, configuration management plans, technical reports, value engineering studies, and linking requirements using requirement management software programs.
- Solid experience throughout all phases of system design and capable of interfacing with design engineers in the validation and verification of requirements throughout the entire project life-cycle (e.g. conceptual design through facility operation).
- Interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines and the client in the development of the design.
- The primary role of the Systems Engineer to plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work for a global business unit usually in one discipline in a project or staff group.
- Must have ability to work independently, use engineering judgment, and devise new approaches to solving problems.
- Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Perform work using Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs) and appropriate requirements management tracking tools.
- Other duties include preparation of functional analysis, facility/system design documents, design criteria, and other project requirement documents.
- Researches and documents system operations and limits form the review of design and basic documents and from discussions with system designers.
- Performs value engineering and trade studies and technical reports
- Establishes means of verifying requirement implementation, including acceptance criteria.
- Supports system-level design verification, requirements verification, test requirements specification, and requirements flow-down and traceability.
- Performs impact analyses for proposed requirement changes.
- Performs periodic assessments to validate implementation and traceability of requirements into design.
- Coordinates and facilitates technical discussions to resolve system design issues.
- Support the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction
- US Citizenship.
- BS degree in Systems Engineering or a related engineering field (e.g. Mechanical, Chemical, etc.) from an accredited university or college with six years of related experience.
- BS degree in Systems Engineering or a related engineering field (e.g. Mechanical, Chemical, etc.) from an accredited university or college with nine years of related experience.
- Understanding of construction roles, practices, and economics.
- Practical work experience in system design.
- Practical work experience in facility design.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
- Possess an awareness of environmental and nuclear regulations and their influence on design.
- Experience facilitating multi-discipline meetings to resolve technical and related requirements compliance issues.
Systems Senior Engineer I/II (Grade 25/26)
- Knowledge of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Experience in systems engineering in industrial, nuclear, nuclear waste and/or defense facilities.
- Previous AE and EPC experience
- Knowledge of Bechtel Corporate guides and standards
- Experience with requirement tracking applications, such as Innoslate and IBM Rationale ® DOORS
- Experience with / knowledge of MIL standards.
- Experience with / knowledge of the UFGS specification format.
- Professional Engineering Licensure (PE)
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Certification
- Possess an understanding of Systems Engineering principles and methods, requirements management principles, and methods.
- Experience working with requirements management databases
Location: Cape Canaveral, FL
Onyx Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.