Onyx Aerospace is in need of a Project Engineer with substantial knowledge of structural loads and dynamics models. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. Resolves complex issues on critical programs related to architectural approaches, requirements, specifications and design. Leads technical aspect of proposal preparation. Identifies critical performance measures and develops processes for computing them. Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services. Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product. Develops new concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements. Recommends and manages technology insertion. Works under consultative direction.
In particular in this role you will:
- Provide guidance to the team in execution of analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support components, or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements.
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews, including report out to engineering leadership
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
- Masters degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Materials or Aerospace Engineering preferred
- Significant and relevant experience in aero/thermal design, analysis and testing
- Exposure to CFD and structural analysis tools (CFX, FLUENT, NASTRAN/PATRAN Unigraphics NX/CREO preferred)
- Ability to work successfully in team environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at a variety of levels, from detailed design reviews to high-level leadership reviews
- Demonstrated proficiency in written, oral, and presentation skills
- Fluency in English
- Passion for technical excellence and technology advancement
- Able to self-manage workload across a number of designs
- Self-directed and motivated
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
Onyx Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.