Thermal or Structural Engineer
Thermo-structural analysis mechanical engineer in the hardware engineering product development team responsible for development of mechanical, structural, thermal systems and assemblies. Experience supporting DoD Mission Critical hardware or NASA Human Space Flight program.
- Research and develop viable thermal and structural solutions for systems and components
- Create and correlate analytical models to provide guidance for product development
- Performance test and structural and thermal measurements.
- Reports and documents product structural and thermal performance
- Assesses design merits with regard to product specification and reliability
- Design and develop custom thermal process equipment solutions for manufacturability
- Redesign standard products by improving quality, productivity, and reducing costs
- Work with materials and parts suppliers, including plastics, composites, metals, ceramics, additive materials, fans, blowers, heat-sinks, and thermal interface materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical engineering, or Physics.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of NASA, commercial space, or related DOD experience
- Requisite coursework in heat transfer, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, statics, dynamics, strength of materials, machine design, with an equally strong interest in engineering analysis, design, and test.
- Knowledge of thermal modeling tools like Thermal Desktop, TRASYS, SINDA, Fluent, SpaceClaim, and MATLAB
- Experienced with relevant analytic tools for thermal and structural analysis
- Experience with finite element or thermal modeling
- Aerodynamic heating background
- Demonstrated thermal or structural test planning and execution skills.
- Strong organization skills to provide clear, coherent, and concise information quickly and confidently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills such as translating theory to real world practice
- Able to prioritize activities and effectively support multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to travel to support various events
- Must be a US citizen